K4PB is looking for an Interfaith Youth Program Facilitator to join the 2019-20 school year program team.
Sept – May:
1-2 hours of program planning per month (flexible hours)
4-5 hours staffing youth program (at various locations in the Greater Boston area) on Sunday afternoon approximately once per month and 1 overnight (Saturday -Sunday); See below for more details.
REPORTS TO: Program Director and collaborates with the Assistant Program Director, Executive Director, and Board Vice President of Programs
MISSION: Kids4Peace Boston (K4PB) educates, trains, and inspires Jewish, Christian, and Muslim youth, ages 12-18, to be interfaith peace leaders. During monthly school year activities and summer camp programs, we engage a diverse group of urban and suburban teens from the Boston area in leadership and peace building activities, community service, interfaith outreach, and fun. For more information, go to: http://kids4peaceboston.org/
– Assists the Program Director and Assistant Program Director in planning and implementing effective, safe, and engaging programs for interfaith middle and high school participants during the school year (September – May) that meet Kids4Peace Boston’s goals.
– Attends and serves as a staff member during K4PB middle and high school programs, facilitating discussions/dialogues, leading programmatic and recreational activities, etc
– May assist interfaith staff team with program planning and curriculum development, depending on need and experience
Helps organize, prepare for and attends additional K4PB programs such as overnights, community service projects, or outreach events as needed
– Demonstrated experience in youth programming, preferably with middle and high school youth
– Experience facilitating discussions and dialogues, preferably with middle and/or high school youth
– Ability to engage, motivate, and form a community among diverse youth and their families: urban/suburban; Jews/Christians/Muslims; different ethnic, racial and socio-economic groups.
– Interest in interfaith, peace/social justice work and youth leadership development
– Applicants must be at least 20 years old and US citizens, permanent residents, or have authorization to work in the US.
COMPENSATION: $1200 to $1500 stipend (depending on availability, experience, and programs implemented as outlined on page 2), paid in 3 installments (December, March and May)
2019 – 20 Programs:
(**Program time is 2-5 pm)
October 12-13 Overnight
November 3 Fundraising Event (time TBD)
January 20 (Monday, MLK Day)**
April 8 (Action Through Dialogue event; program time is 2:00 – 5:30 pm)
May 17th (Family Dinner, program time is 7:30 – 9:30 pm)
TO APPLY: please email resume and cover letter to Program Director Ati Waldman at firstname.lastname@example.org