K4PB is looking for its next Executive Director. Know an experienced leader who is passionate about K4PB’s mission?
Kids4Peace Boston Executive Director Job Description
Status: Full-time, Exempt Location: Greater Boston area
Reports to: Board of Directors Annual Salary: $50,000
Building on nine years of highly effective youth programs with enthusiastic youth participants and their families, the Executive Director leads, directs, and manages all K4PB activities. The Executive Director is responsible for the overall operation of the organization, including: fundraising and financial management; cultivation of relationships with families, donors, board members, and partner organizations; oversight of program development and implementation; and achievement of measurable outcomes, consistent with the priorities, policies, and financial plan approved by the K4PB Board of Directors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Engages and works with the K4PB Board of Directors to set vision, strategies, and goals
- Recommends annual goals and corresponding budget (revenue and expenses) to the K4PB Board of Directors, and leads program and fundraising objectives to achieve the approved goals and budget
- Designs and implements all K4PB fundraising efforts with individuals, organizations, community leaders, and granting agencies, meeting short- and long-term revenue needs
- Oversees and directs program staff, including recruitment, hiring, training and supervision; ensures that programs are safe, effective, meet the changing needs of participants, and are consistent with organizational goals
- Actively cultivates, engages, and energizes K4PB volunteers, board members, advisors, alumni, partner organizations, and donors
- Ensures that the operational, personnel, information and communications technology, and financial infrastructure and systems meet organizational needs
- Creates and effectively communicates key messaging (program updates, initiatives, event announcements) to targeted stakeholders via multiple communication platforms, including social media, website, other media outlets and personal relationships
- Serves as the primary liaison to the three religious communities in the Boston area and partner organizations, including K4P International, K4P chapters, and others
- Develops and maintains a dashboard of metrics that highlight the qualitative and quantitative impact of K4PB and works to continuously evaluate and improve programs
- Attends and participates in monthly weekend school year and overnight summer youth programs, as well as occasional evening and weekend meetings
The Executive Director must be thoroughly committed to K4PB’s mission and have proven leadership and management experience. Concrete, demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Success in leading programs, operations, fundraising, and financial management in a non-profit setting
- Exceptional organizational skills, including proven ability to work independently and juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, hands-on, unstructured environment
- Highly self-motivated, responsible, and energetic
- Ability to effectively motivate, collaborate with, and communicate shared vision with a diverse group of constituents
- Experience in managing complex projects and events
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and technology skills, including the use of social media and other platforms (i.e., google apps, WordPress, etc.)
- Supervisory, coaching, and training skills
- Experience in managing effective and high-quality youth programming
- Effective in building relationships with Muslim, Jewish, and Christian leaders, educators, families, and youth
- Demonstrated personal passion for interfaith work, peace-building, and building pluralistic communities.
This is a full-time, year-round, salaried position, offering flexible hours and the opportunity to work remotely within the Greater Boston area.
To Apply: Email a resume and cover letter to Bob Lurie, K4PB Board President, firstname.lastname@example.org